Monday 10 July 2017

ORAL QUESTIONS YEAR 1.

1.     Introductions

    Hello, how are you?

-         I am fine, thank you, how are you?
-         I’m fine

   How do you spell your name?

-         My name is ……….  It is spelt ………………
 


EXAMPLE: My name is ROSMAR. It is spelt: R,O,S,M,A,R.

   How old are you?

-         I am …….. Years old.
-         I’m ……….. Years old.

EXAMPLE: I am eight years old.

1
one
2
Two
3
Three
4
Four
5
Five
6
Six
7
Seven
8
Eight
9
Nine
10
Ten




   When is your birthday?

- My birthday is on the ………… of ………….
EXAMPLE: My birthday is on the fifth (5th) of February.

REMEMBER:

Months of the years:

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
















Ordinal numbers:

1st
First
2nd
Second
3rd
Third
4th
Fourth
5th
Fifth
6th
Sixth
7th
Seventh
8th
Eighth
9th
Nineth
10th
Tenth
11th
Eleventh
12th
Twelfth
13th
Thirteenth
14th
Fourteenth
15th
Fifteenth
16th
Sixteenth
17th
Seventeenth
18th
Eighteenth
19th
Nineteenth
20th
Twentieth
21st
Twenty first
22nd
Twenty second
23rd
Twenty third
24th
Twenty fourth
25th
Twenty fifth
26th
Twenty sixth
27th
Twenty seventh
28th
Twenty eighth
29th
Twenty ninth
30th
Thirtieth
31st
Thirty first
                                                                                





























Where do you live?
I live in ……………………

EXAMPLE: I live in Las Rozas./ Las Matas.

v Where do you come from?

I am from ……………..

EXAMPLE: I am from Madrid



v Tell me about your town.

-My town is ………………..


Big
Small
Far from school
Near to school
Near the  country side
Near the city



-



My town has……………….

Lots of shops
Lots of people
A  leisure centre
A park
A Shopping Centre









EXAMPLE: My town is near to school. My town has (it has) lots of shops and a park.


v How long have you lived there?

-I have lived there for ………….. years.
-I have lived there all of my life.

EXAMPLE: I have lived there for five years.

2. Dates and Weather

v What day is today?

-Today is ……………………..
                                                          REMEMBER:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday











    What is the date today?

-         Today is the ……………. Of ……………., 2014. (TWO THOUSAND AND FORTEEN.)

REMEMBER:

Ordinal Numbers:
1st
First
2nd
Second
3rd
Third
4th
Fourth
5th
Fifth
6th
Sixth
7th
Seventh
8th
Eighth
9th
Nineth
10th
Tenth
11th
Eleventh
12th
Twelfth
13th
Thirteenth
14th
Fourteenth
15th
Fifteenth
16th
Sixteenth
17th
Seventeenth
18th
Eighteenth
19th
Nineteenth
20th
Twentieth
21st
Twenty first
22nd
Twenty second
23rd
Twenty third
24th
Twenty fourth
25th
Twenty fifth
26th
Twenty sixth
27th
Twenty seventh
28th
Twenty eighth
29th
Twenty ninth
30th
Thirtieth
31st
Thirty first






































EXAMPLE: Today is the fifteenth (15th) Of October 2014. (TWO THOUSAND AND FORTEEN.)

v What was the date yesterday?

-Yesterday was the ……….. of ……….. 2013 (Two thousand and thirteen)

EXAMPLE: Yesterday was the fourteenth (14th) of October, 2013.


v What will the date be tomorrow?

-Tomorrow will be the …………… of ……………. 2013 (Two thousand and thirteen)

EXAMPLE: Tomorrow will be the sixteenth  (16th) of October, 2013.


PRESENT
TODAY (IS)…..
PAST
YESTERDAY (WAS)……
FUTURE
TOMORROW (WILL BE)……




REMEMBER:


 What month is it?

-         This month is ……………
-         It is ……………..
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December















EXAMPLE: This month is October.
 What season is it now?

-         Now, it is ………………
Spring
Summer
Autumn/ Fall
Winter








    What is the weather like today?

-         Today is ………………

Sunny
Cloudy
Hot/Warm
Cold/Freezing
Windy/Breezy
Calm
Raining
Dry
Snowy







EXAMPLE:  Today is cold and windy.

  
    What was the weather like yesterday?

-         Yesterday, the weather was  …………..

EXAMPLE: Yesterday, the weather was sunny and dry.



v Is it raining now?

-         Yes, it is raining now
-         No, it is not raining. It is dry.

3.
Family and Friends


  
-         In my family there are ……… people.
-         I have …….. brother(s)/sister(s)/grandmother(s)/grandfather(s)
-         I have  …………….cousins



Family Members:

Mum
Dad
Sister
Brother
Grand mother
Grand father
Cousin(s)


v




what does you mother or father do?
v What is your mother/father’s job?

-         My mother is a  …………..
-         My mother works as a ……….
Doctor
Dentist
Police woman
Banker
Nurse
Secretary
Teacher

WORKS IN………

IS A…….
Bank
Shop
Beauty Salon
Surgery
School
Restaurant
Office









EXAMPLE: My mother is a Nurse.
                      My mother works in a bank

-         My father is a …………….
-         My father works in a ………………..
Doctor
Fireman
Police man
Banker
Farmer
Chef
Plumber








EXAMPLE: My father is a fireman
                    My father works in an office

v Does your mother/father work?

-         Yes my mother/father does work
-         No my mother/father doesn’t (does not) work.
-         Only my mother works
-         Only my father works
-         Both of my parents work


v Do you have any brothers or sisters?

-         Yes, I have  ……… brother(s)/sister(s)
-         No, I don’t have a brother/sister
-         I have  ……. Sister(s), but no brothers
-         I have  ………… brother(s), but no sisters
-         I have no brothers or sisters. I am an only child.

EXAMPLE: Yes, I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters.
What are their names? Tell me about them.

-         My sister is called ………..
-         My brother is called ………….

He/She has  ………. Eyes.


Blue
Green
Grey
Brown
Hazel





 


Her/His hair is . ………………

Black

Brown

Blonde

Curly
Straight
Frizzy

Long
Short
Thick
Thin
Spikey
Bald/Shaved












He/She is  …………….

Funny
Serious
Outgoing
Sensitive
Loud
Quiet
Kind/generous
Mean
Shy

Lazy











He/She 
is  ………………

Fat
Thin
Tall
Small




EXAMPLE: My sister is called Lucia. She has Green eyes. Her hair is long, brown and curly. She is outgoing and loud.

v Who is your best friend? Describe them.
-         My best friend is called …………….

EXAMPLE: My best friend is called David. He has blue eyes. His hair is short and spikey. He is funny and kind. He is small and thin.



v What do you like doing with your friends?
v What is your favourite activity together?

-         When I am with my friends, we like to  ……………
Go to the park
Watch TV
Play with our toys
Go swimming
Go to the cinema






EXAMPLE: When I am with my friends, we like to go to the park and watch TV.
v Have you got a lot of friends?

-         Yes, I have MANY friends.
-         No, I only have a FEW friends.

v How often do you visit your grandparents?

-     I don’t visit my grandparents (often)
-         I visit my grandparents ……………



Once/twice a week
Once a month
Everyday
Often/ regularly
At the weekends








Home

v Tell me about your house.

-         I live in a ……….


Flat
House





-         My house/flat/bungalow is……….
Big
Small
Old
Modern


-         I have a garden
-         I don’t have a garden


EXAMPLE: I live in a flat. It is small and modern. I have a garden.

v How many bedrooms are there in your house?

-         There are ……………bedrooms in my house.
EXAMPLE: There are five bedrooms in my house.

v Do you share your bedroom?

-         Yes, I share my bedroom (with my brother/sister)
-         No, I have my own bedroom

v Who lives in your house?

-         In my house there is my…………..

Mum
Dad
Sister(s)
Brother(s)
Grandmother/Grandfather








EXAMPLE: In my house there is my mum and dad. Also, there are my three sisters and me.

v What is next to your house?

-         Beside my house there is/are  ……………..
My neighbours
Fields
A  road
A garage
A park








EXAMPLE: Beside my house there is a park and fields.

What is in your bedroom?

-         In my bedroom there is/are ……………


A bed
A lamp
Toys
A clock
A TV
A rug
A desk
A computer







EXAMPLE: In my bedroom there is a bed, a lamp and a computer. Also, there are toys.

v Do you have a/an  …………in your house?

-         Yes, I do have  ………….. in my house
-         No, I don’t have a  ……………. In my house.
Kitchen
Bedroom
Bathroom
Living Room
Dining Room
Study
Gym
Garden
Balcony
Porch












Rooms in the house:







EXAMPLE: Do you have a study in your house?
                    Yes, I do have a study in my house.
v Have you got any pets? Tell me about them.

-         No, I don’t (do not) have any pets.
-         Yes, I have a ………………
Dog
Fish
Cat
Bird
Rabbit
Hamster








-         My  ………… is called  . ……….
-          He/She is  ………….

Big
Small
Fluffy/hairy
cute
friendly
Old
young





EXAMPLE: Yes, I have a pet dog. She is called Woof. She is small and fluffy.











4.School

v Tell me about your school.

-My school is called  …………..
-It is  a …………… school (big/small)
-There are  ………. Teachers in my school
-In my school there is/are (a)………..
Music room
Gym
Dining Hall
Patio
Computer Room






EXAMPLE: My school is called Jonathan Galea. It is a small school. There are twenty teachers in my school. There is a music and computer room.
v Where is your school?

-My school is in Prado Norte, in Madrid.


v What buildings are next to your school?

-There are lots of houses beside my school.

v Do you live near your school?

-Yes, I live NEAR my school
-No, I live FAR from my school

v How do you come to school?

-I come to school by  ……………
Car
Bus
Foot
Train




EXAMPLE: I come to school by car.
v How many students are in your class?

-There are  ……….. students in my class

EXAMPLE: There are fifteen students in my class.
v How much homework do you usually have?

-Normally, I have a lot of homework
-Normally, I don’t (do not) have much homework.

Lots (a lot)
Little
some
Not much


v What subjects do you study?
-I study  …………

Music
Spanish Language
English
P.E
Religion
Maths
Science
Art






                     
v What is your favourite subject?

-         My favourite subject is  ………

(LOOK ABOVE FOR SUBJECTS)

EXAMPLE: My favourite subject is English.

v What was your first subject today? Is it hard?

-         Today, my first subject was  …………….
-         It was  ………. (Hard/Easy)

EXAMPLE: Today, my first subject was Maths. It was hard.

v What were you doing in school yesterday at this time?
 


-         This time yesterday, I was ………….
In Music class
In Maths class
In science class
In P.E
In art Class
In English class
In Religion Class
In Spanish Language class
In the computer room
At lunch
Having a snack
Playing with my friends















EXAMPLE: This time yesterday, I was in the computer room.

v Who is your favourite teacher?

-         My favourite teacher is …………. (name of teacher)

v Is he/she a good teacher?

-         Yes, he/she is a very good teacher.

v What subject does he/she teach?

-         He/She teaches  ………….

Music
Spanish Language
English
P.E
Religion
Maths
Science
Art







EXAMPLE: She teaches Science.

v What does he/she look like?

-         He/She has  ……….. eyes

Blue
Green
Grey
Brown



No comments: